Happy New Year!
I don’t have a set resolutions when it comes to being a mom. Instead, I’ve got a more attainable set of very flexible “goals” or “things I’d like to do”. No commitments here!
1. Get along with every mom at my kids school, even if it means giving them the fake smile and b.s. “How are you?” Can I really do this?
2. After taking a year off from volunteering at the school, I’ll jump back into volunteer work in the fall. I really will!
3. Try to chaperone a field trip. I get extremely car sick and bus sick, so probably not a great idea. A kid throwing up on a bus is one thing, but a mom? Maybe I’ll give it a whirl. We’ll see.
4. I’ll suggest an extensive list of detailed changes to the Willows School’s reading program. Just kidding! It’s great the way it is. Besides, schools HATE when parents do this.
5. Sign up to coach one of my son’s sports teams. Hmmm. Which one? None!!! It would be a disaster. I don’t know anything about sports (except a bit about tennis). And, way too much testosterone on the sports fields for me.
To comment, click on “comments” at the end of any post. You don’t have to register or sign in. You can choose to leave your comment anonymously (just scroll down until you see “anonymous” under your name options).Sometimes Google Blogger requires you to click “Post” a few times before your comment will go through.