Beyond The Brochure Has Been Seen In:
“Guilty Admissions: The Bribes, Favors and Phonies behind the College Cheating Scandal” by Nicole LaPorte, February, 2021.
The Hollywood Reporter, “Everybody’s Doing It”: Cheating Scandal Shows How Privileged Kids Fake Disability,” March 16, 2019.
The Hollywood Reporter, The Hollywood Insider’s Guide To Los Angeles Private Schools, August 24, 2018.
The BBC Newsday on Thursday, June 28, 2018 discussing Ad Astra, the private school at Space X, founded by Elon Musk.
5 Best Mommy Blogs in Los Angeles on Care.com, June 7, 2017.
Advice For Parents About Admissions & Waiting Lists, on CBS-Los Angeles (Channel 2) on March 15, 2017.
Nine Things To Know About Private Schools In Los Angeles on KPCC’s Take Two, March 25, 2016
How To Get Your Kids Into The Country’s Most Competitive Kindergartens in DuJour Magazine, February 18, 2016
How Elon Musk Is Educating His Kids in Quartz, May 29, 2015
Elon Musk Creates A School in Business Insider, May 22, 2015
Harvard Class of 2028 Or Just Another Preschool? on XOJane
Beyond The Brochure named one of L.A.’s best mom blogs 2013 by Mommy Poppins.
Elite America’s Preschool Madness in The Daily Beast/Newsweek, June 23, 2013
Pricey Summer Camps For LA Kids: Where Do You Summer? on The Daily Truffle, June 9, 2013
LA Private School Mom’ “It Bags” by Campus on The Daily Truffle, August 25, 2013
Q&A With Wildwood School’s New Director of Admissions in the Venice Patch.
L.A. Private School Spring Break Vacations: The Most Coveted Getaways! on The Daily Truffle, March 27, 2013.
Black Friday: The Day Private Elementary Schools Send Out Admissions Letters on The Huffington Post, March 2013
Black Friday, The Day Private Elementary Schools Send Out Admissions Letters on The Daily Truffle, March 13, 2013
Fundraising at L.A. Private Schools on The Huffington Post, February 25, 2013
Fundraising at L.A. Private Schools on The Daily Truffle, February 20, 2013
Interview with Christina Simon on KOST 103.5 FM, Feb. 11, 2013 (link not available)
The Hollywood Housewife recommends Beyond The Brochure (and writes about her own preschool search).
The Hollywood Reporter, November 15, 2012 click HERE
“Education Resources” on Channel 2- CBS.com
Blog Review: March 19, 2012: Beyond The Brochure selected as one of L.A’s best blogs by Red Tricycle
Beyond The Brochure Book Reviews:
- September 2, 2010: “Macaroni Reads” – Macaroni Kid Pasadena
- September 30, 2009: “Beyond The Brochure: An Insider’s Guide To Private Elementary Schools In Los Angeles” – KIRKUS Review
- Beyond The Brochure on Momangeles
- Beyond The Brochure Press Coverage:
- March 1, 2012, “Education Resources Moms Can Use” in Santa Monica Macaroni Kid
- February 5, 2012, “The Pasadena Private Schools Race: Families Face Competition In Private Schools Race”- Pasadena Sun
- January 5, 2011: “Battered Mommy Blogger Learns Valuable Lesson” – FishbowlLA
- December 31, 2010: “The Musings Of A Private School Mother In Los Angeles,” (scroll to page 13 in the PDF) – Beverly Hills Courier (link no longer available)
- December 20, 2010: “Beyond the Brochure Authors Speaks at BHCC” – Beverly Hills Courier (no longer available)
- December 3, 2010: “Mayim Bialik: Not in Gisele’s “Perfect Parenting” League” – E! Online
- September 20, 2009: Christina and Porcha on KABC 790 radio Podcast (interview no longer available)
- September 28, 2009: Porcha Dodson appeared on KTLA to discuss Beyond The Brochure (video no longer available) – KTLA