As a holiday THANK YOU to our wonderful readers, we’re super-excited to give away one copy of the popular game from Lakeshore Learning, “Are You Ready For Kindergarten?” and one copy of Beyond The Brochure: An Insider’s Guide To Private Elementary Schools In Los Angeles.
You can enter to WIN one free copy of “Are You Ready For Kindergarten?” AND one free copy of Beyond The Brochure: An Insider’s Guide To Private Elementary Schools In Los Angeles, our book which has been featured in The Daily Beast, The Hollywood Reporter, L.A. Parent, Business Insider and numerous other publications.
For many years, Lakeshore Learning has been one of my family’s favorite go-to places for great educational games, toys and learning activities. “Are You Ready For Kindergarten?” is one of Lakeshore Learning’s most popular educational games. “Are You Ready For Kindergarten?” is a quiz show style board game intended to be a fun way to engage your kid in learning activities designed by educators to help them get ready for kindergarten. My kids are too old for this game (sniff, sniff), but they would have loved playing it because anything about getting ready for kindergarten got them excited about that next big step.
This game was selected as Learning Magazine’s 2015 Teachers’ Choice Award.
Developed by teachers and educators, “Are You Ready For Kindergarten?” includes a feature on LakeshoreLearning.com where you can enter your child’s game results, get an instant online assessment and print out free materials tailored to your kid’s results, focused on any areas where your child needs practice. What’s not to love about that?
If you’re applying to L.A. private elementary schools, this game/book combo might be just the activity you’ve been looking for to help your child get ready for visiting/testing day. It’s probably no surprise that some of the game’s questions look very similar to those on assessment tests for private kindergarten. And, there are sample private school test questions in the book.
Obviously, obviously, obviously, a game shouldn’t be the deciding factor as to whether your child is ready for kindergarten. This is just for fun!
“Are You Ready” is the first game in a series for Kindergarten-5th grade.
It is super-easy to enter the giveaway!
1. Leave a comment on this blog telling us why this game/book gift would be perfect for you, a friend or your classroom!
2. You can use an anonymous name, but you must enter your correct email address (it is only visible to Beyond The Brochure, not to the public.) We will contact the winner using this email.
3. Giveaway ends Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 5 p.m. PST. Winner will be chosen randomly. Retail value of the game is $29.99. Retail value of the book is $35.00.
This giveaway was not sponsored or perked.
* Congratulations to our winner Julie!
- 42Here's a general primer on 5 aspects of progressive schools that differentiate them from traditional schools. Of course, many progressive schools create their own educational curriculum which differs slightly from these 5 points, but this list can be helpful to understand what progressive schools are all about. It also discusses the history of progressive schools.…
- 39THE SYCAMORE SCHOOL SET TO OPEN SEPTEMBER 2015 IN MALIBU Revolutionary Independent Elementary School Starts with 20 Students Ages 6-8 The Sycamore School, an independent elementary school featuring a curriculum rooted in collaboration, innovation, and learning through play and creativity, opens in Malibu on September 1, 2015 for 20 children ages 6-8. Sycamore is…
- 36If you talked to me the summer before we applied to kindergarten for my daughter, I would have told you certain things I was predicting would go smoothly and other things I was worried about. (I use “we” because schools are evaluating both your kid and your family.) As with so many…
- 31There is absolutely no way any of us mere mortals would be able to compete with Beyonce and Jay Z for a spot at The Center For Early Education. No way. The school held its annual gala fundraiser where Beyonce performed, paying tribute to Reveta Bowers, the legendary head of school, who is retiring this…