- Some people are wondering if the Center For Early Education (CEE) will continue to be a “feeder” school to Harvard-Westlake now that Tom Hudnut has announced he will retire after the 2012-13 school year. He’s married to Deedie Hudnut, CEE’s longtime admissions director. Here’s a 2009 article in W Magazine about the “power couple”. The article states that CEE receives 1000 applications for 60 spots annually. And, up to 40 percent of its graduating class is admitted to Harvard-Westlake’s middle school. Now that’s what I call a “feeder” school. Let’s see if the trend continues.
- Los Angeles private school applications were up 30 percent for 2011-2012, according to a well-informed source. Families relocating to L.A. and budget cuts in public schools are two of the reasons.
- According to RadarOnline, Gwyneth Paltrow and her husband Chris Martin are looking at private elementary schools. They plan to live in their $10 million Brentwood house full-time.
- At one Westside K-6, some families feel the playground has a “Lord of the Flies” quality because of the administration’s belief that kids can solve their own problems.
- The head of the lower school at this Eastside K-6 was forced to re-apply for her own job at the end of this school year if she wanted to stay. Needless to say, she left the school, along with several other staff members.