There are several private school events on the calendar:
- Beyond The Brochure event! Join Momangeles at Kidville in Brentwood for Demystifying the LA Private Elementary School Admissions Process led by our regular contributor Christina Simon of Beyond The Brochure: An Insider’s Guide To Private Elementary Schools in Los Angeles and co-author Porcha Dodson, with additional expert insight from school consultant Sandy Eiges of L.A. School Scout. This event is chock full of great information about the private elementary school application process and answer your questions. Discussion starts promptly at 7:00 pm. Topics will include:
- Selecting Which Schools To Visit
- The Parent Interview
- Your Child’s Visiting/Testing Day
- Letters of Recommendation
- When To Use The Phrase, “if accepted, we will enroll”
- What To Do If Your Child Is Wait-Listed
- Financial Aid
Tickets are $25.00 per person and $40.00 per couple. Visit Momangeles for more information.
- Elementary School Admissions Directors (EASD) Fall 2012 Fair, September 27, 2012 at Campbell Hall. Visit, EASD for more details and read about the best tips for navigating the Fair on Launch Education’s blog.
- Secondary School Fall Fair, Oct. 2, 2012 at Campbell Hall. Visit LA Area Association of Independent Schools.
- Club Mom Me, “The Ins and Outs of Preschool in LA,” with Sandy Eiges and Michelle Nitka, Sat. Oct. 6, 2012 at 2 p.m. at Joslyn Park, Santa Monica. Visit, www.clubmomme.com for more information.
- Curtis School Fair, Sunday, Oct. 14, 11-5, Open to the community, a great chance to see the school and have fun with your family!
- Willows School Book Fair: Sunday, November 11, 11-4. This is my favorite school event…books, food, entertainment for the whole family. Open to the community.
- Pasadena Preschool Fair: Sat. Jan. 12, 2013. Visit, Pasadena Preschool Fair
Here’s a guest post I wrote for Mommy Poppins in March. I’m re-posting it because many of you are just beginning the school admissions process. I hope you find it helpful!
Here’s a quote from my Mommy Poppins piece:
“When my husband and I applied to kindergarten for my daughter, the schools seemed somewhat mysterious, like hidden gems. Neither of us attended private school, and most of these schools aren’t exactly an open book. Terms like “visiting day” and “parent interview” weren’t part of our daily vocabulary. That would soon change!”
Click on Mommy Poppins to read.