- It takes time for your kid (and you) to make friends at a new school
- Cliques look better from the outside. This goes for kid and parent cliques
- “Competimommy” thrives at private school
- If your child is having a rough start, don’t be too hard on yourself or leap to conclusions about the school
- Don’t be afraid to talk to the teacher or administrators if you sense something isn’t quite right.
- If things are going really well, be prepared for some ups and downs, which are inevitable
- Don’t try to take on too much volunteer work the first year
- Ignored, rejected playdate requests happen to almost everyone; its not personal!
- Perspective, perspective, perspective!
Want all the latest news, events and articles? “Like” Beyond The Brochure on Facebook!