Beyond The Brochure Has Been Seen In:
5 Best Mommy Blogs in Los Angeles on Care.com, June 7, 2017.
Advice For Parents About Admissions & Waiting Lists, on CBS-Los Angeles (Channel 2) on March 15, 2017.
Nine Things To Know About Private Schools In Los Angeles on KPCC’s Take Two, March 25, 2016
How To Get Your Kids Into The Country’s Most Competitive Kindergartens in DuJour Magazine, February 18, 2016
How Elon Musk Is Educating His Kids in Quartz, May 29, 2015
Elon Musk Creates A School in Business Insider, May 22, 2015
Harvard Class of 2028 Or Just Another Preschool? on XOJane
Beyond The Brochure named one of L.A.’s best mom blogs 2013 by Mommy Poppins.
Elite America’s Preschool Madness in The Daily Beast/Newsweek, June 23, 2013
Pricey Summer Camps For LA Kids: Where Do You Summer? on The Daily Truffle, June 9, 2013
LA Private School Mom’ “It Bags” by Campus on The Daily Truffle, August 25, 2013
Q&A With Wildwood School’s New Director of Admissions in the Venice Patch.
L.A. Private School Spring Break Vacations: The Most Coveted Getaways! on The Daily Truffle, March 27, 2013.
Black Friday: The Day Private Elementary Schools Send Out Admissions Letters on The Huffington Post, March 2013
Black Friday, The Day Private Elementary Schools Send Out Admissions Letters on The Daily Truffle, March 13, 2013
Fundraising at L.A. Private Schools on The Huffington Post, February 25, 2013
Fundraising at L.A. Private Schools on The Daily Truffle, February 20, 2013
Interview with Christina Simon on KOST 103.5 FM, Feb. 11, 2013 (link not available)
The Hollywood Housewife recommends Beyond The Brochure (and writes about her own preschool search).
The Hollywood Reporter, November 15, 2012 click HERE
“Education Resources” on Channel 2- CBS.com
Blog Review: March 19, 2012: Beyond The Brochure selected as one of L.A’s best blogs by Red Tricycle
Beyond The Brochure Book Reviews:
- September 2, 2010: “Macaroni Reads” – Macaroni Kid Pasadena
- September 30, 2009: “Beyond The Brochure: An Insider’s Guide To Private Elementary Schools In Los Angeles” - KIRKUS Review
- Beyond The Brochure on Momangeles
- Beyond The Brochure Press Coverage:
- March 1, 2012, “Education Resources Moms Can Use” in Santa Monica Macaroni Kid
- February 5, 2012, “The Pasadena Private Schools Race: Families Face Competition In Private Schools Race”- Pasadena Sun
- January 5, 2011: “Battered Mommy Blogger Learns Valuable Lesson” – FishbowlLA
- December 31, 2010: “The Musings Of A Private School Mother In Los Angeles,” (scroll to page 13 in the PDF) – Beverly Hills Courier (link no longer available)
- December 20, 2010: “Beyond the Brochure Authors Speaks at BHCC” – Beverly Hills Courier (no longer available)
- December 3, 2010: “Mayim Bialik: Not in Gisele’s “Perfect Parenting” League” – E! Online
- September 20, 2009: Christina and Porcha on KABC 790 radio Podcast (interview no longer available)
- September 28, 2009: Porcha Dodson appeared on KTLA to discuss Beyond The Brochure (video no longer available) – KTLA
- 76This is the BIG WEEK. Finally after months of waiting, schools will notify parents about elementary school admissions decisions on Friday, March 18. If you applied for secondary school, or if you applied to Pasadena schools, you most likely found out yesterday. Friday is the BIG DAY for L.A., you been waiting for since you…
- 75Hi Friends! Happy Summer! Hope you're enjoying our hot summer here in L.A. We just returned from my son's basketball tournament in Las Vegas where it hit 113 degrees. That's just too hot! I posted the team's photo on Beyond The Brochure's Facebook page. If you're reading this post, you are probably anticipating the…
- 72I'm updating this previous post since I've been hearing that this year (2016-17) is one of the most competitive for L.A. private elementary school admissions. That probably means more kids will end up on wait-lists than in a less competitive year. A frequently asked question is, "Does a wait-list notification really mean NO or…
- 69Dear Esteemed Colleagues & Friends, As you may know, I have made the difficult decision to leave Seven Arrows at the end of this school year. After a decade in my current position working in a job I’ve loved, I feel it’s time to explore other professional possibilities and commitments. It has been a pleasure…