As a holiday THANK YOU to our wonderful readers, we’re super-excited to give away one copy of the popular game from Lakeshore Learning, “Are You Ready For Kindergarten?” and one copy of Beyond The Brochure: An Insider’s Guide To Private Elementary Schools In Los Angeles.
You can enter to WIN one free copy of “Are You Ready For Kindergarten?” AND one free copy of Beyond The Brochure: An Insider’s Guide To Private Elementary Schools In Los Angeles, our book which has been featured in The Daily Beast, The Hollywood Reporter, L.A. Parent, Business Insider and numerous other publications.
For many years, Lakeshore Learning has been one of my family’s favorite go-to places for great educational games, toys and learning activities. “Are You Ready For Kindergarten?” is one of Lakeshore Learning’s most popular educational games. “Are You Ready For Kindergarten?” is a quiz show style board game intended to be a fun way to engage your kid in learning activities designed by educators to help them get ready for kindergarten. My kids are too old for this game (sniff, sniff), but they would have loved playing it because anything about getting ready for kindergarten got them excited about that next big step.
This game was selected as Learning Magazine’s 2015 Teachers’ Choice Award.
Developed by teachers and educators, “Are You Ready For Kindergarten?” includes a feature on LakeshoreLearning.com where you can enter your child’s game results, get an instant online assessment and print out free materials tailored to your kid’s results, focused on any areas where your child needs practice. What’s not to love about that?
If you’re applying to L.A. private elementary schools, this game/book combo might be just the activity you’ve been looking for to help your child get ready for visiting/testing day. It’s probably no surprise that some of the game’s questions look very similar to those on assessment tests for private kindergarten. And, there are sample private school test questions in the book.
Obviously, obviously, obviously, a game shouldn’t be the deciding factor as to whether your child is ready for kindergarten. This is just for fun!
“Are You Ready” is the first game in a series for Kindergarten-5th grade.
It is super-easy to enter the giveaway!
1. Leave a comment on this blog telling us why this game/book gift would be perfect for you, a friend or your classroom!
2. You can use an anonymous name, but you must enter your correct email address (it is only visible to Beyond The Brochure, not to the public.) We will contact the winner using this email.
3. Giveaway ends Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 5 p.m. PST. Winner will be chosen randomly. Retail value of the game is $29.99. Retail value of the book is $35.00.
This giveaway was not sponsored or perked.
* Congratulations to our winner Julie!
- 39THE SYCAMORE SCHOOL SET TO OPEN SEPTEMBER 2015 IN MALIBU Revolutionary Independent Elementary School Starts with 20 Students Ages 6-8 The Sycamore School, an independent elementary school featuring a curriculum rooted in collaboration, innovation, and learning through play and creativity, opens in Malibu on September 1, 2015 for 20 children ages 6-8. Sycamore is…
- 36If you talked to me the summer before we applied to kindergarten for my daughter, I would have told you certain things I was predicting would go smoothly and other things I was worried about. (I use “we” because schools are evaluating both your kid and your family.) As with so many…
- 30As Thanksgiving creeps up on us, I’ve seen my Facebook and other social media feeds filled with people giving one thing they’re grateful for in order to cultivate looking at the good instead of focusing on the bad. While I generally eye roll at the practice as suddenly everyone’s husband/wife/child/pets/job/plumber/waxer/proctologist is the best ever,…
- 30What: Elementary School Admissions Directors Fall Kindergarten Fair, 2015 When: September 24, 2015, 7:00PM - 8:00PM Where: The Willows Community School, 8509 Higuera Street, Culver City, CA 90232 This event will offer information from 45 independent (private) schools in and around Los Angeles. For more information, click on Elementary School Admissions Directors Don't miss a…