- The Willows is more academic than I thought it would be
- The Willows has more of an emphasis on sports that I envisioned
- The Willows’ curriculum is integrated and amazing
- The technology resources at The Willows are cutting-edge
- The Willows is great for both my kids (who are very different)
- The Willows has a some great families we’ve become friends with (I didn’t expect this)
- The Willows has inspired my kids to love learning, even if they don’t always love every subject (like drama)
- The Willows is small enough so that the head of school, Lisa Rosenstein, knows every child and every family
- The Willows’ teachers are fabulous (patient, enthusiastic, nurturing and inspiring). There are two teachers per class.
- The Willows does not emphasize standardized testing i.e. ERB or ISEE
- The Willows’ practice of looping (keeping the same class and teachers for 2 years) worked extremely well for both my kids
- The Willows has bullies just like every other school. It’s how the school deals with them that matters and The Willows teachers are adept at handling this issue.
- The Willows’ curriculum is smart and well thought-out ( I am constantly amazed!)